The MicroLab Series is a fully automated oil analyzer that provides diagnostic analysis of engine, generator, gear box, hydraulics, power steering, and transmission fluids.
Features & Benefits
|Reduce Maintenance costs||
• Extend component lifetime through preventative maintenance
• Proactively schedule maintenance based on predictive analysis
• Extend oil drain intervals based on oil condition rather than time, allowing savings in labor, oil and waste disposal
|Increase equipment availability||
• Early identification and trending of component wear and failure modes for preventative maintenance before catastrophic failure occurs
• Analyzer provides a complete analysis of the oil and equipment health
• LubeTrak® software makes it easy to track and trend the key oil parameters necessary for optimizing asset health and utilization
|Fast and easy to use||
• Comprehensive oil analysis in less than 15 minutes instead of waiting days or weeks for outside lab results
• Minimal disruption to workflow with fully automated measurement, diagnostics and cleaning
• Can be operated by maintenance or support staff, no chemist required
• Easy to interpret results with expert system; recommended maintenance actions and color
The MicroLab is compliant with ASTM D7417 “Standard Test Method Analysis of In-Service Lubricants Using Particular Four-Part Integrated Tester (Atomic Emission Spectroscopy, Infrared Spectroscopy, Viscosity, and Laser Particle Counter)
The MicroLab is available in two versions depending on your application needs.
The MicroLab offers completely automated analysis, cleaning and reporting, all with a push of a button.
The MicroLab infrared spectrometer measures six key parameters which indicate potential oil degradation and contamination.
Both the MicroLab 30 and 40 provide:
- Oil degradation: oxidation, nitration, total base number
- Oil contamination: soot, water, glycol
The MicroLab Optical Emission Spectrometer quantifies wear metals caused from mechanical components, as well as other elements from oil additives and contamination.
- Basic metals include: Al, Cr, Cu, Fe, Pb, Mo, K, Si, Na, Sn
- Extended metals include: Ba, B, Ca, Mg, Mn, Ni, P, Ti, V, Zin
The MicroLab Dual Temperature Viscometer (DTV) provides kinematic viscosity analysis which can identify potential oil degradation or contamination.
- Kinematic viscosity at 40°C and 100 °C
- Viscosity index (VI)
The MicroLab 40 is equipped with a particle counter to measure particle contamination which is crucial for maintaining hydraulic systems, compressors and turbines.
- Gross particle count
- ISO particle size
Resources & Downloads
- Datasheet Fleet Solutions Brochure
- MicroLab Sample Reports
- Case Study: Kitsap Transit On-Site Oil Analysis
- Case Study: Government Fleet
29” (L) x 30” (W) x 26” (H) (74cm x 76cm x 66cm)
Weight 130 lbs. (59 kg)
Accessories & Consumables
To keep your MicroLab running in top condition, it is important to use the recommended cleaning and standardization fluids.
- CheckFlush is specially designed to clean the lines in the MicroLab between samples. This prevents cross-over contamination and keeps your instrument running its best.
- The standardization fluids are designed for calibration of the instrument. Your maintenance practices should follow the prescribed standardization process to ensure your results are accurate.