Eliminating uncertainty in oil condition.
The FluidScan® Q1100 provides direct quantitative measurement of a lubricant’s condition and plays an important role in Machine Condition Monitoring (MCM) for proactive and predictive maintenance in Reliability Management programs. It determines when oil needs to be serviced due to degradation of the oil chemistry or contamination by other fluids such as water or the wrong oil.
It is compliant with ASTM D7889 “Standard Test Method for Field Determination of In-Service Fluid Properties Using IR Spectroscopy.”
It also fulfills the National Emission Standards for Hazardous Air Pollutants for Reciprocating Internal Combustion Engines (NESHAP RICE) requirements for extending oil change intervals in engines and back-up generators when used in conjunction with the Spectro Q3050 Portable Viscometer.
The portable Q1100, when used in conjunction with OilView software, enables route based oil analysis, which integrates with other widely used predictive maintenance technologies such as vibration and thermography. The Q1100 plays an important role in predictive maintenance and Machinery Health™ management by measuring water, total acid number (TAN), oil oxidation, glycol, total base number (TBN) and other parameters. In addition, the unit’s patented flip-top design speeds test preparation and cleanup.
The route-based capability of the FluidScan® Q1100’s operation allows the device to virtually eliminate mislabeled samples and long wait times for laboratory analysis. Furthermore, results highly correlate to TAN and TBN laboratory tests conducted with ASTM D664 and D4739 titration methods and water tests with the ASTM D6304 Karl Fischer Titration Method.
Features & Benefits
This portable IR spectrometer uses advanced data processing and a built-in oil application library to deliver immediate, actionable quantitative results for water, TAN and TBN.
Applications include mineral and synthetic oils used in machinery components:
- Gear boxes
- Hydraulic systems
- Diesel engines
- ASTM D7889 Compliant- “Standard Test Method for Field Determination of In-service Fluid Properties Using IR Spectroscopy”
- High correlation to KF water, TAN and TBN laboratory tests
- Reproducibility and repeatability comparable to benchtop FTIR method ASTM E2412
- Data analysis compliant to ASTM E1655
Easy to use
- Needs just one drop of oil and one minute to test
- No solvents required to clean
- Color coded alarm levels
Simplify work flow with route-based oil analysis
- Eliminate mislabeled samples and long response times from labs
- Generate sampling routes for walkaround oil analysis using AMS OilViewTM software.
- Achieve high levels of data integrity with seamless upload of data into OilViewTM
Comprehensive Fluid Library
- The Q1100 is available with over 500 fluids in the on-board Oil Library for immediate, out-of the-box operation, and additional oils can be added to the oil library by the end-user
- Results for critical properties such as TAN, Oxidation and water contaminationfor industrial lubricants and TBN, water, oxidation, nitration, sulfation, glycol and soot for engine oils.
Fluid Manager desktop application provides:
- Report capability
- Device synchronization
- Data backup
- Asset Manager database
The FluidScan® Q1100 can also be ordered in a combination kits with the SpectroVisc Q3000 portable kinematic viscometer.
Resources & Downloads
- FluidScan® Q1100 product data sheet
- FluidScan Application Library
- FluidScan and Determination of TAN & TBN
- White Paper: Fluidscan Design Considerations
- White Paper: Measuring Water with Fluidscan
- Case Study: Identifying Root Causes of Damage with Condition Monitoring
- White Paper: Fluidscan Overview