The SpectroVISC Q300 is a bench-top semi-automatic kinematic temperature bath viscometer optimized for the analysis of used and new lubricants. It conforms to the requirements in ASTM D445, D446, D7279, IP 71 and ISO 3104. It is also the ideal system for used oil analysis laboratories that need to test a wide range of lubricant viscosities. The SpectroVISC Q300 is a self-contained viscometer system that consists of a thermostatic bath with circular heater and a control column. The bath contains 4 patented viscometer tubes together with optical sensors to detect the flow of oil through the tubes. All measuring tubes function independently of each other. The control column has an LCD display that provides the user with information about the system’s status and an array of LED’s indicate the current status of each measuring tube. An optional external computer can also be used to control the system for applications where more extensive data handling requirements are necessary.
The user of the SpectroVISC Q300 has the option to operate in two modes, standard viscosity determinations or measuring tube calibration. In both modes, the user chooses how many determinations have to be made for an average result. The operator also controls additional parameters such as tube constants, and cleaning cycle.
Features & Benefits
- ASTM D7279 – “Standard Test Method for Kinematic Viscosity of Transparent and Opaque Liquids by Automated Houillon Viscometer”
- Viscosity analysis of used oil provides an early warning of lubricant degradation and contamination
- High throughput – up to 60 samples per hour to ASTM precision.
- Small sample volume – 0.3 to 0.6 ml.
- Low solvent consumption – 2.5 ml per sample.
- Extremely easy to use.
- Automatic flow time measurement.
- Fully automatic cleaning and drying.
- Fast, easy tube replacement, no need to drain bath.
- Single or dual solvent injection system.
- No PC required for system to operate.
- Optional dual measurement capability.