Essential Duties & Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Responsibilities Include:
- Timely and accurate month-end consolidation of financials, review and final reporting, including cost accounting.
- Maintenance of general ledger.
- Assessment, maintenance and documentation of internal controls/finance manual.
- Management of annual physical inventories.
- Management of government contract accounting (in compliance with FAR) and associated audits—will include providing analytical and documentary support on compliance & audit issues, acting as the primary interface with the Defense Contract Audit Agency (DCAA), and review of budget and rate calculations associated with solicitations and proposals for government contracts.
- Manage the preparation for external financial audit process and assist with management of field work.
- Research, evaluate, and effectively communicate the impact of applicable existing and new technical accounting pronouncements and guidance.
- Coordinate with third party tax preparers to ensure accurate and timely filing of all income tax estimates payments and returns.
- Management of accounting team consisting of AR, AP, Senior Accountant.
Qualifications & Requirements
- 3-5 years of management experience
- Strong manufacturing background required
- CPA preferred, public accounting with audit experience a plus
- Private equity environment experience a plus
- Proficient in cost accounting
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to collaborate cross functionally and be flexible with priorities.
- Experience with an integrated ERP system required—Epicor Vista experience a plus.
- Advanced Excel skills and attention to detail are required.