Essential Duties & Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Responsibilities Include
- Analyze, identify and resolve technical problems or complaints from customers in order to maintain and increase business. Provide support for new products to customers and industry.
- Provide advanced technical support to domestic and international sales team to help the customer understand the value of oil analysis.
- Assist customers to interpret results from Spectro Scientific products into actionable recommendations based on their use case
- Refine, expand and maintain our Rules Based expert diagnostic systems for in service oil analysis.
- Liaise with OEM, oil suppliers and customers to create customer specific alarm profiles for equipment/site specific situations
- Troubleshoot and close critical support cases that are escalated for resolution
- Plan system installations and upgrades, working with support and sales, managing strategic projects.
- Manage customer and stakeholder expectations
Qualifications & Requirements
- BS in Engineering or related field required with 3+ years of experience in equipment design and build, or aftermarket support
- Self-starter with an attention to detail required. Demonstrate a high level of professionalism; exhibit a high level of motivation and initiative.
- Must be a strong team player, willing to work through obstacles and drive to win
- Experience in condition-based/predictive maintenance, diagnostic support in an oil lab a plus
- Experience in lubrication management, machinery lubrication, reliability engineering and maintenance management software systems will be very helpful
- Must be able to travel 30-50% in order to visit customers worldwide, present technical papers and attend conferences.