The SpectrOil M/C-W is a compact, rugged, transportable and easy to use optical spectrometer designed specifically for wear particle analysis, contaminants and additives in lubricants, hydraulic fluids and coolants. They use the time-tested and reliable rotating disc electrode (RDE) technique to measure quantities of dissolved and suspended fine particles in natural or synthetic petroleum based products and coolants.
The SpectrOil family of oil analysis optical spectrometers consists of the SpectrOil M/C-W for commercial oil analysis, the SpectrOil M/N-W for military applications and the SpectrOil M/F-LD for gas turbine and diesel engine fuel analysis. All versions of the SpectrOil M family are identical in hardware and differ only in their application and the way they are calibrated. The SpectrOil M/C-W has become the standard instrument at most commercial oil analysis laboratories and machine condition monitoring programs that require the rapid wear particle analysis, contaminants and additives in lubricants. It fulfills the requirements of ASTM D6595 Standard Method for Determination of Wear Metals and Contaminants in Used Lubricating Oils or Hydraulic Fluids by Rotating Disc Electrode Atomic Emission Spectrometry.
The introduction of the Double Disc Rapid Robot (D2R2) [link to SpectrOil M-R.html] has made it possible to provide automatic and unattended oil analysis with the SpectrOil M/C-W. The D2R2 is available as a SpectrOil M/R on a new spectrometer, or as a retrofit for most existing versions of the SpectrOil M/C-W.
- Conforms to ASTM D6595 - "Standard Test Method for Determination of Wear Metals and Contaminants in Used Lubricating Oils or Used Hydraulic Fluids by Rotating Disc Electrode Atomic Emission Spectrometry"
- Provides an early warning of abnormal wear.
- No sample preparation
- 30 second analysis time
- Bench-top and transportable
- Analyzes all elements simultaneously
- Always ready to analyze samples
- Simple to operate without special training or background
- Standard and readily available consumables
- Requires no special utilities or gases, only AC power
- Meets stringent Department of Defense requirements (JOAP)
- Optional large particle analysis capability