The Double Disc Rapid Robot (D2R2) is an accessory to the SpectrOil M spectrometer that provides automatic operation for used oil analysis. Any configuration of the SpectrOil M that includes the Double Disc Rapid Robot is referred to as a SpectrOil M/R.
The Double Disc Rapid Robot (D2R2) is an innovative design for automation that consists of two parts: a robot to exchange consumables, and an automatic sample changer for fully automatic and unattended operation. It is a robotics system that mounts to the spectrometer sample stand and fulfills all the functions of sequentially introducing and removing oil samples and exchanging graphite electrodes. It is self-contained and works independently of the spectrometer operating software. Although operation is automatic, it also has the capability to manually sequence through each of the robotics functions.
The Double Disc Rapid Robot (D2R2) was designed specifically for used oil analysis using the RDE technique. Automation has been made possible with the innovative use of the double disc approach. The need for a sharpened rod electrode for each analysis has been eliminated, and the requirement to change graphite electrodes has been automated. The result is a simple and rapid robotics system for total automation of the SpectrOil M Oil Analysis Spectrometer.
- Provides an early warning of abnormal wear.
- Fully automatic, unattended operation
- Sample throughput of up to 80 samples per hour
- Reduces operating cost
- Designed from the ground up for oil analysis
- Sensors to monitor operation
- Eliminates the need to clean and sharpen electrodes
- Maintains JOAP data base correlation
- Window to view automatic sample analysis