MicroLab all-in-one automated lubricant analysis system for comprehensive, on-site testing
The MicroLab® combines automation and artificial intelligence in an all-in-one oil analysis tool, making on-site oil analysis possible for any fleet.
- Simple to use - no special operator required
- Fast - results in less than 15 minutes
- Easy to read reports - color-coded alarms and maintenance actions
MicroLab 40 is designed primarily for fleets operating equipment with hydraulic components or heavy equipment gears and transmissions. This would include off-road mining and construction vehicles as well as over-the-road equipment with hydraulics such as bucket trucks, fire engine ladder trucks or solid waste trucks. The MicroLab 40 is also used in applications for offshore drilling equipment. In addition to the basic oil chemistry and extended elemental analysis provided with the MicroLab 30, the MicroLab 40 model includes a particle counter which provides critical analysis for cleanliness of hydraulic oils and gear oils to determine the health of those oils and mechanical condition of those components.
Monitoring equipment and oil health with oil analysis
The four automated MicroLab tests provide a complete look at equipment and oil condition.
Mechanical condition parameters indicate potential equipment failure:
- Wear metal analysis
- Contamination (glycol, dirt, water)
Oil condition parameters indicate potential degradation and contamination:
- Oil chemistry (Total Base Number, oxidation, nitration)
- Contamination (glycol, water, soot, particle count)
- Oil additive levels
The MicroLab offers completely automated analysis, cleaning and reporting, all with a push of a button.
The MicroLab infrared spectrometer measures six key parameters which indicate potential oil degradation and contamination.
The MicroLab Dual Temperature Viscometer (DTV) provides kinematic viscosity analysis which can identify potential oil degradation or contamination.
The MicroLab Optical Emission Spectrometer quantifies wear metals caused from mechanical components, as well as other elements from oil additives and contamination.
The MicroLab 40 is equipped with a particle counter to measure particle contamination which is crucial for maintaining hydraulic systems, compressors and turbines.
The MicroLab is compliant with ASTM D7417 “Standard Test Method Analysis of In-Service Lubricants Using Particular Four-Part Integrated Tester (Atomic Emission Spectroscopy, Infrared Spectroscopy, Viscosity, and Laser Particle Counter)
The MicroLab provides complete analytical data with color-coded alarms and diagnostic statements to guide the technician on recommended maintenance actions. The diagnostic statements can indicate whether an oil change is required or if the drain interval can be extended and it can also identify potential mechanical problems to investigate.
- Save time – compiles and analyzes all test data
- Take the guess work out of interpreting results – provides suggested maintenance actions
- Save money – no need to hire an analytical resource
Embedded Expert System
The Expert System is the “brains” of the MicroLab, translating analytical data into maintenance actions so the technician or mechanic do not need to interpret the chemistry behind the report; they simply read the service recommendations on the report. Built from over 20 years of industry knowledge and more than 10,000 individual software scripts, the MicroLab’s Expert System generates diagnostics that are specific to the:
- Equipment application (e.g., automotive, on-road trucking, off-road trucking, generators)
- Component type (e.g., diesel engine, gasoline engine, hydraulic)
- And often the equipment manufacturer
LubeTrak compiles individual oil reports into a consolidated database of historical information.
Complete Sample History In One Place
- Dashboard summary data for quick assessments
- sort by date, equipment type, condition (severity) or site
- Mobile access
MicroLab Companion Kits
The MicroLab Companion Kits provides customers a complete fluid analysis package to meet the needs for their equipment in a convenient packaged offer. The MicroLab can also accept data from the FerroCheck and Fuel Dilution Meter for a comprehensive report. All MicroLab Companion Kits come with a 5 year subscription to LubeTrak data management system.
Resources & Downloads
- Case Study: Large City Fleet Saves $2M Using Oil Analysis
- Case Study: NEUCO Regional Construction Firm Keeps Its Fleet Running Using On-site Oil Analysis
- White Paper: MicroLab Series-Fully Automated Oil Analyzer
- Fleet Solutions Brochure
- MicroLab Sample Reports
- Case Study: Kitsap Transit On-Site Oil Analysis
- Article: Government Fleet
29” (L) x 30” (W) x 26” (H) (74cm x 76cm x 66cm)
Weight 130 lbs. (59 kg)
Accessories & Consumables
To keep your MicroLab running in top condition, it is important to use the recommended cleaning and standardization fluids.
CheckFlush is specially designed to clean the lines in the MicroLab between samples. This prevents cross-over contamination and keeps your instrument running its best.
The standardization fluids are designed for calibration of the instrument. Your maintenance practices should follow the prescribed standardization process to ensure your results are accurate.